Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rock ON!!!

My granite countertops have been installed! Well, most of them anyway. If you look closely at this picture, you'll notice that my window is 'propped'
in it's frame. That's because when the tilers installed the tile, unlike the previous owner, they tiled under the cabinetry, thus raising the cabinet level slightly. Then, there is the matter of a little deviation in thickness between prior vs. new granite. The new countertops are thicker by at least a quarter inch. So, the window can't fit into it's original frame and the new window, well of COURSE that won't be available until mid-June!!! *sigh*

And here is where my cooktop is, er, should be, if uh...there was a hole cut out for it. It was fun to watch my contractor and the granite dude go at each other though. Well worth the delay in having a usable kitchen IMHO.

This countertop is juuuust right! In a weird and demented way, my kitchen remodel is starting to remind me of Goldilocks and the Three Bears!!!

And here are my girls! They plan on camping out at the breakfast counter until I actually feed them a hot cooked meal. *crickets*

No comments:

Post a Comment